Wednesday 16 December 2015

Props

Props for our opening scene


I went onto Amazon to look for some good props that we are unable to make ourselves. I first bought a hessian potato sack which is what the killer's 'mask' will be. Olivia is going to cut it up and then put blood on it because at the moment it looks too new and clean, which is unrealistic for a serial killer's mask.

I bought some rope for our opening scene because we needed some to tie onto the victim's hands and feet for when she cuts it off, I was very careful when I was looking for the rope because it had to be thick enough to look effective rope, and thin enough that it could be cut through with a knife without too much struggle. We could also use it to tie to the bottom of the potato sack that the 'killer' will be wearing. I might make it look more used by fraying it and making it dirty because it looks very clean and new at the moment. However it isn't the best quality and I am worried that if I mess it up too much it may break.
 
I also bought a 'retractable knife' which is a fake knife that has a blade which goes into the handle when it is pushed into someone. It might be good for the final shot where the killer kills the victim because it will look more realistic than using a real or plastic knife and trying to make it look like it went into her body.

No comments:

Post a Comment